Pages

Jan 31, 2007

An Achievement !!!!

Ahh ! it was an achievement. I managed to overcome my fear of being pricked by a syringe. In my 22 yrs not even once that I had to take injections or even get pricked by a needle. Something I was really scared of.

Mum and dad had given up on me, they knew that blood test is something I wud never go for. Doctor insisting to go for a blood check up since long, I avoided it for quite a few months. But this time I knew had to with the fever on.

I gathered up all the courage I had and went alone for the test. I went to our own lab and asked nurse to finish it off soon. I entered the room for testing, sitting with my eyes closed from the moment I sat on the seat. The nurse knowing me for 2 yrs now, she knew thts something I m really scared of. I just felt the prick and it was done in less than a minute.

The funniest thing is that even if I say I have overcome the fear, actually I havnt. I don’t even know how the syringe looked like and how she pricked and collected blood sample.
After the nurse said it was done, I just walked out without looking around.

But I’m glad atleast I went for the test no matter how it happened. Honestly I felt that I have won a war. It was a great feeling. When I went home with the blood report, every1 was shocked. Hehehe hahaha…

No one was bothered what the report said. Dad was so elated that I went for the test and that to all alone that he bought me choco chip ice cream tub which I wanted to eat for a few days but I cudnt coz of the fever….

Its definitely an achievement for me… hehe

2 comments:

Karan Oberoi said...

Good. Jadu u better take care.

Anonymous said...

Needles it is...I now know how to scare the crap out of you.