Pages

Feb 6, 2007

Wow Ahhaha!!! What a Feeling..

KC College –After completing my graduation n then being a lecturer in the same college even though it was for a very short span,it is in itself is a great feeling. I went to college 2day 2 get my transcripts and I’m going to cherish this day all my life.

Since I was in college I thought of visiting my professor’s and moved towards Biochemistry Dept. to meet Prof. Moorjani. The moment I entered the department I had these students, my juniors who gathered around me. Just cant forget the smile on their faces. The first question I get ‘Where have u been ma’am? We missed ur lectures, are u taking lectures for us today?’ I was pleasantly surprised to realize that they enjoyed the lectures I had taken. Just for the sake I said yes I’m going to take lectures today and I moved on with my work.

At 2.30, the lecture time, biochemistry class is with max attendance & students waiting for me in the class. I enter the class with Prof. Moorjani, he took the attendance and asked them what was the occasion that so many had come to attend lecture, that to for Bioinformatics. Every1 sitting with smiles on their face and I happen to say bye to sir and the students.

There came a big shout from the class of 40 “Ma’am, u were going to take today’s lecture on Bioinformatics” only after which I realized the reason that the attendance in the class was so good was they thought I was taking the lecture. Prof. Moorjani goes “Mere lectures sun sun ke bore ho gaye hain so they don’t come for my lecs. This attendance is because of u. You have proved to be a good teacher who bring students to class. “

The lecture got cancelled coz every1 insisted that I should conduct the last series of lectures. I cant express my feelings in words, it’s just wow, fabulous, heaven. Since the class cannot be dispensed we were having good time discussing how I felt and they felt during the final year and these last months. Hearing the commotion inside the class, principal who was walking by entered the class. To add more to the glory I gained 2day, she entered the class and she chatted with me for a few mins and before leaving she tells the class, “I hope to see more Darshita’s coming out of this batch. Get all u can can from her”

I can say I’m blessed with love of all the teachers that came my way, it’s always a nice feeling when ur teachers recognize you and remember you. Today’s experience has left me speechless. With the juniors around and the last statement what my principal made, I cudnt have asked for more. I cant express my happiness in words but such incidences definitely make u humble in life.

A lesson I learnt – if u give love and respect to others, u will get it back!!!

No comments: