Pages

May 13, 2007

Today’s thoughts

It was a day filled with some happy moments, some emotional and some moments that just brushed up my head and melted my heart. Sneha’s engagement ceremony was something I was looking forward to and it happened today.

A grand ceremony, in an absolute marwadi style with a good mix of grandeur and style. But something or the fact did not leave my mind was, her parents face with a humble smile, yet a could sense the emotions they were going through with the fact to be prepared to give away their daughter. Sneha’s dad hardly could smile after the engagement while he was greeting people around. Hmmm what to say about sneha, A face filled with joy and content, but yet scared and low. But I am happy for her because she got she was actually looking for. She is a part of a typical marwadi family but yet she was allowed to go to UK to do masters which was so not common within the marwadi community and especially for girls.

She always had somewhere in the back of her mind that she would want to be a part of a family would would accept her wish to let her work after marriage. And now she gonna get married late 2008 so she has enough time for herself and for the new relationship. I really wish all her wishes come true, not because she is a dear friend of mine but she is a genuinely a nice girl. I really don’t appreciate so many girls in my life but she is one in past 5 years with whom I can relate myself and someone who just like me believes in being practical in life.

With this day came to an end with a chat with Kay, which started on a stupid funny talk but ended into something really serious and something I really need to take a call on. Now my head will not come to rest till I come to a conclusion, but as Kay said, this time I need to decide listening to my head and heart, cant allow my head to win over my heart all the time. So I hope I can do that… Life inst bad at all… it’s just a matter of time.

No comments: