Pages

May 17, 2007

The Silver Jubilee

It was mum dad’s 25th wedding anniversary yest and the day was like a havoc at my place. Though mum and dad never wanted to have a party or to have a big function so they decided that they would go ahead with a Satyanarayan Puja at my place.

But before 16th May arrived - the D’ day, past 4 days before it was like a mahabharat at my place, reason the guest list and the menu and the way to deal with the food and fun after the puja. So after all the fighting and argument that they had keeping me as the witness, both of them wanted me to say tht they were right. (Believe me nothing can trouble and irritate u more than ur mum n dad arguing on whose idea is the better one). After all tht I went thru they agreed to my idea to call food from outside from caterers. The fact remains tht they never listen to me but I am always right.

Now the best part of the evening was my mum n dad’s college friends, these four set of couples including my parents who to a certain extend had a filmy kind of love marriage’s and how these people recollected their college days and their hang out areas. Their love stories were worth listening to.

My parents love story (though not different or out of the world from the other 3 couples) the best part I like bout their story is that my dad had told my grandparents that he is getting married in 2 days and you are invited. If you’ll will join me on my wedding I will be really happy. He never asked permission but just informed them.. wow that was good gut’s. Though they had a good wedding with everyone’s presence, my grandfather said they didn’t knew how to arrange things in two days, as in sending invitations to relatives n stuff. But they got married in a very nice way in everyone’s presence.

To this discussion Harish uncle put’s in some uncensored things of the days before my mum n dad got married. The fact that my dad had found a nice house where he would take his newly wedded wife incase if my dada and dadi wouldn’t have agreed. I had to tell dad that he acted in a very smart and witty manner. Woh bhi khus and baki sab bhi khus. After all the leg pulling and jokes and food and good time till 1.00 a.m., my house was in a complete mess. It took me and mum an hr to clear everything before we could hit the bed.

I don’t look up to my mum and dad neither on how they got married nor their marriage, (if given a chance I would like to remove a lotta things in their relationship and add quite a few things to their married life) because I believe that all weddings are similar but all marriage’s are different and special in their own way and have their share of good, bad, happy and sad times. But I am still attracted to the fact that no matter what they did, they never disrespected their elders in anyway.

I was asked by one of the uncle what would I pick from their marriage if I was given a chance – though I don’t feel like picking anything from their marriage but something I have always loved about them is not matter how much ever they argue or have disagreements (they disagree on everything) is tht trust and faith they still have in one another (believe me I have asked them that after so many years of marriage what is that one thing they would want to change in one another, they both said in one rhythm – Nothing, or else they wouldn’t have landed up with one another) and to stand by one another no matter even if me and my sis are on the other side, both of them have stood by each other. I love this quality because at times me and my sis have taken either one’s side but whenever, I really mean it and I am disappointed to say tht when both of them had to chose an idea between the spouse and the kid, they have always taken their spouse’s side even if me or my sis’s idea or the thought was the right one or the better one. HOW MEAN

But it was a nice day, nice moments and lotta fun… three cheers to them and would only pray to god that they have many many more and then we have a chance to celebrate their golden and diamond jubilee. No matter how much u both are troublesome, digusting, irritating and very chalu kinds at times love you tons. muaaahhh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ur very lucky to ve such a happy family!! 25 yrs sharing their lives with each other... thts a lot i guess!!Ur dad seriously has inspired me a lot though!!
:)