Pages

Jun 19, 2007

Silence Speaks a Thousand Words

When I asked you,
You said nothing was wrong.
But when I listened to your magical song,
All its notes were gone.
You sang it… I heard,
Silence speaks a thousand words.

You keep telling me, I’ll pay the price
For asking you once and telling you twice.
But I paid heavily,
The day your emotions turned cold,
Silence speaks a thousand words.

Where do I turn when you turn away?
Its never just the things you say.
You never put me down,
But when I speak you turn around,
And not saying much is saying a lot.

If you spoke the truth, there’d be no doubt,
But your only words are, “we’ll work it out.”
Well, that’s not saying much,
You just don’t give your time,
And that’s where I draw the line.

You’re sending signals,
First of hope, then of insecurity.
Signals of doubt are everywhere and
Subconsciously….
You know you wanna break the ties,
But you use silence, you use lies,
Don’t worry, I’ll return your song of silence,
For silence speaks a thousand words.

Finally Nikki is in Mumbai… she gave me a nice surprise when I reached lonavala and now we are together after 6 months.

I really don’t know how many people actually believe and can read n understand silence but as far as we are concerned we talk the language of silence… I know people who know us wud laugh coz we both are extremely talkative.. Total chatter box.

But another side to us tht most of them don’t know…our silence… for us silence is a state when eyes speak more n heart starts listening and life seems to be more exciting when some1 start reading ur eyes silently. A person, who truly knows u, is some1 who sees pain in ur eyes, while everyone else still believes in the on ur face. It’s been two days tht we are together but lot of things hv been said with silence.

Though lonavala was not much fun coz it was really warm n no rains so we decided to get back today itself and are Nikki’s place. Mumbai’s weather is just perfect. We hv been sitting on the terrace getting wet in the rain…. The dialogue really fits in well “main aur meri tanhai aksar baat kiya karte hain”… hehe

For us, Silence has lot to it, it’s the only expression which has wht some people called emotions, feelings, actions, words rather most of the abstract nouns. I consider silence to be really strong coz only in its presence u get to discover urself, gives u answers to lotta question, is the best answer when u don’t want to answer questions. It depicts strong emotions like anger, love, hatred, jealously, fear, grief. It’s in silence tht ur head n heart are most active, give u ur space to reach out to urself.

Silence definitely speaks a thousand words and silence is more powerful then words who understand the silence!!!!
I just heard Nikki saying to this word silence – “Toofan aane se pehle aksar khamoshi aur shanti hoti hain” – we gals are too filmy naa

No comments: