Pages

Jun 5, 2007

Injury Basket

Yea exactly, I think I am carrying an injury basket along with me. Let’s have a count of it.

October – that’s the month when it started when we were coming back from Shirdi and our car met with an accident and I had 12 stiches

December – I suddenly from nowhere fell sick. My hemoglobin levels drops to 7 (normal range is from 11 -15)yet there were no symptoms. i realized about it when i went for medicals for a new LIC policy. Secondly I was under weight according to the doc so went thru a lipid profile and was asked to work out n get rid of commonly called baby fat and put on lean body weight i.e. protein n calcium weight. (I still laugh and remember tht I laughed so loud when doc said I was under weight, I am sure people who have seen me will laugh too) I am still on a diet plan n medicines. Not only that I suffered serious bad cold of my life during this period. Ask people who used to call me to check, rather remind me to take my medicines. Though was a nice experience, wonderd so many people cared for me and I am loved by so many people.. hehe haha

April – again I got struck by an accident. Suddenly a biker zoomed in near Eros cinema, god blessed my reflexes and I pulled myself back. My back hit the pole near it making a inch deep cut on my back with a rot iron flag tht was hanging on the pole. Fortunately a frnd saw me n rushed me to the doc. Now the worst thing was there are no clinics or hospital close to churchgate station so he had to take me to JJ hospital which was closest. My parents being out of town during tht time I had to suffer. Again a week later I was hospitalized coz my back was swollen due to the pressure on my stiches while I slept. God cant forget tht day, my tee was completely blotted with blood

Yesterday – I got up in the morning and found that I couldn’t move my head and had severe pain in my back. I had sprained my neck and back , don’t how and from where. Thanks to Dr. Nikhil and my good friend. Mom called him up and the physiotherapist was at my service. Wow its was awesome when he massaged my neck. Sometimes I think I have got some good docs at easy reach thru the time I have spent at KEM hospital. Thanks a ton nikhil.. I definitely make pani puri and pasta for you, now I will have to treat you, I cant escape.

Today – I was n this rickshaw and don’t know what and how it happened tht my rickshaw took a turn in a gulli and there came in 2 rickshaw at speed and I guess mine wud have crashed with those two. And I hear sudden breaks of all the three, gosh I was just saved.

Now looking back at all this, I really think that either I am carrying an injury basket or every time god thinks of inviting me to meet him and then suddenly calls of his plans.. therez definitely something good, blessing or love or whatever u call… coz I hv felt tht I almost was close to death and yet I survived.. a very different feeling which I cant express in words.

1 comment:

Parag said...

Ur not the only one...
A few months back.. While i was standing at the door in a borivali fast, my bag struck the pillar of the harbour line bridge betn bandra and khar and i was nearly thrown out of the train but for the passenger behind me who held me..

Then 2 months back.. i did fell of the train ... as i hung on to the door in rush hrs, someone gave a good push from inside.. thankfully i fell on the platform.. got good no of bruises though..

last month, when i was travellin in a rickshaw, the rickshaw had a brake failure and it almost banged the car in front.. but it took a sharp left and first hit a man, and then into the shop.. the man was badly injured.. though he survived!!

Lol.. sometimes i wonder y r these near death escapes.. maybe im meant to bring world peace!! hehehehe