Pages

Apr 1, 2007

To feel Sunny, use a Shield

While reading bout spirituality in the newspaper and to wht I read, the thing tht came to my mind was tht people keep asking me how do I keep my cool n remain smiling in bad, stressed n tense situations, n the immense amount of peace n content they find on my face… I never had ne answers to their question and the only thing tht I land up answering was – That’s just me…. But I guess this might just answer their question, I hv never put ne efforts on myself but these things hv come naturally to me…

Insulation is critical in life. b4 u touch a hot object u must insulate ur fingers from the heat. Tht’s y dishes hv heat-resistant handles. Similarly, to live life happily, without stress, one needs internal insulation.

Each one of us is a free spirit, a free soul; and most of the times we are unaware of our spirits. That is y knowledge of self is ultimate insulation – know urself. That is when you can maintain an unaffected grace and a harmony that is immune to fluctuations in the world. As William Arthur Ward said, “A cloudy sky is no match for a sunny disposition.” Without insulation you get angry when the world does not meet ur expectations and shocked when calamities strike.

Modern technology makes things more difficult. Earlier the only means of communication was snail mail; now email, chats n webcams prolong the misery. You become a torn entity with the body in one place and the mind in another.The intellect is swamped with so much information that it gets confused and bewildered. For every decision, there are so many options to choose from that the intellect breaks down (I swear to god.. sometimes I think I’d better not had choices)

Only a spiritual person who has reinforced the inner personality and has insulated himself from the onslaught of the world can enjoy technological gizmos. Spirituality definitely comes as a great rescue and it makes u feel serene. Give it a try, a few mins in temple sitting n doing nothing, I mean nothing, u’ll enjoy the peace and feel life isn’t tht bad after all. A Nintendo game can only be enjoyed by an adult; the child agonizes over winning or losing. Only a Shoaib Akhtar can enjoy the battling, bowling and fielding skills of players during an India-Australia match. The rest of us are too gripped with the thought: will we win or not.

Believe me the day u accept the life the way it comes to u, u’ll develop this insulation. Once you develop this internal insulation without neither being too much optimistic nor being pessimist but being practical n accept things the way they are, they wont seem to be good, bad or ugly but something tht came with time and will pass away with time. It wud be like a dancer performing on stage. An accomplished dancer presents a picture of grace and charm. The complicated synchrony of song, rhythm and emotion is portrayed effortlessly and she is able to lift her audience to a high.

The world provides you with the musical accompaniment. You are the dancer who has to learn the art of dancing to the beat. Then you become a picture of grace, beauty and charisma. If you’re not tuned in, you can fall out of rhythm with world and lose your balance. The thought of true, pure n free soul within you keeps you in balance. Its lifts you from the world of finitude and takes you to a realm of content, integrity and infinity.

No comments: