Pages

Dec 6, 2007

Correlated....

I dont know the last time I read my friends blogs and a few more. It seems that everyone in the world had taken a long break from blogging and now they are back to their respective blogs.

I was reading parag's blog and believe me I just couldn’t stop smiling and laughing while i was reading it. I could see my roomates with the expression on their faces, "Has she gone mad?????" but they would not understand. I found a lot of similarities to the life I am leading these days. Life's definitely changed for good in like less than 4 months. I miss a lot of things, though I do get home cooked food, but its different when u have ur mom cooking for u. Though I am a good cook but it is boring to eat food that u cook. For a change, rather not a change cuz i used to this back home - to cook for boys. Like home, I have managed to some companions while being at school - again all guys, and land up cooking for them cuz i think they are mad over Indian food. The moment Bernard hears about pakora's his mouth starts watering.
After really really long I had a great time last night. Today our final formal report for our semester was due and we all guys started working on it like last evening at 4. After working like machines all of us were so tired and hungry that me, Bernard, Raoul, Monique, Kristein and Jigar decided that we should take a dinner break but it was so cold outside that no one wanted to come back to the library once we walked out. Finally I suggested that we should go to my place, have some nice hot Indian food and get back to the report. Everyone agreed in no time and we had some good dinner all together at my place. It was like a party time and we did not land up back to our reports till 11 pm. finally after all the fun we started working till 3.00 am and again tired took some sleep and hit back to college by 8.30. it seemed to be a long long day. Finally all major assignments come to an end for this semester and a finals next week.

Finally had some nice, enjoyable and memorable moments to store in memories of my first semester here. My oral presentations were fabulous and I guess I scored 90+ in all of them (I know people would say, "who can compete you in talking?" right). But again something comes to mind about the life here. The happiness here is just momentary. It’s gone once that time is gone. It’s all about leading a loner's life. You really don’t have a loving face to see when you get back home, cuz no one is waiting for u at home. It’s a juiceless life.

This brings me to the same point that parag has written as the last lines - BEING SINGLE IS SO BORING!!!!!!!!! hahaha believe me I am saying this. I know people who would read this would have a raised eyebrows cuz I am sure this is something they would not expect me to say but I finally gave in to that thought. (Samandaro ka pani koi na pee sake, akela khara jeevan koi naa jee saka). May be I never thought that being single was boring because I had great friends and life in mumbai. But when you are in a phase like me where you really dont have nething to look forward to makes me think that atleast if I had some1 in my life, it would give me a reason to look forward to things. This makes me think to which my mom has been telling to me for some time now - START THINKING ABOUT MARRIAGE.

I guess I think I want to think over that option seriously and give it some serious thoughts and time. BUT Where the hell are all good guys.... the ones I knew who probably were nice guys and interested in me gave up on me after really waiting long and tried too hard to pursue me to get into a committed relationship. And all of them now, either have some1 else in their life or are all ready to get married in coming few months. Hehehe hahaha… I know I always have a hard luck when it comes to Cards and love, I am never on the winning side... But one thing for sure is that I have made up my mind that I am seriously going to consider it and think over it. I will have some quality time only after March so I think I should start hunting so that when I have time, I can put it to some good use... :)

I don’t know but I have always believed my instincts, and they have been correct almost most of times. And this time I have a gut feeling that after Christmas I am going to have a much organized life than I ever had before. I need stability to my life which eventually will come along. Have to really work hard next semester cuz it’s an important one and a lot is dependent on what I do and how I do,in the coming 4 months. Keeping my fingers crossed for a few things I have in my mind and really hope that they happen to me.... It has been ages that things have happened to me which I badly wanted in life. Hoping to have a great New Year star and have lots of things to look forward to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol.. good to know that my blog was inspirational...
I was just trying to write any shit that came to my mind, as u can see the way i have written that blog... just scribbled it literally...

Life in US is really damn lonely.. u bet... but my life over here also aint that exciting, and has got totally stagnant...

and abt ur marriage? dont worry.. loads of gujjus arnd US/CANADA... koi na koi to mil jaaega.. nahi to moms kisliye hai??

U are right... my sister also felt the same loneliness till she found her guy... things will fall back into place dont worry...

p.s. Ever thought abt a Live-in?? :P

Karan Oberoi said...

Is it anything like I am losing the Dee,the Tashi in you by coming to canada. And please, i can bet anything if you say you dont have any guy in your mind, so please dont put up those statements. I am sure there are many who would love to be your man... Go out and grab one. give it a try. It isnt that hard...