Pages

May 21, 2008

Interesting

The Wise Man and The Fool
by John McLeod


Said the wise man to the fool one day:
"I've got a hundred candles,
And lots of copper candlesticks with ornamental handles,
They cost me every cent I had
But I shall be all right,
And in the darkness of the eve I'll have a splendid light."


The fool said: "Yes, you may be wise,
But then again, p'raps not,
Only pence had I to buy, one candle's all I got,
But then, I bought some matches too
And you, the silly goose,
Bought none, and so without a light
Your candles are no use!"


The moral of the story is simplicity's defence,
For even the buffooning clown
May have some common sense!

The wise man and the village fool,
But tell me which is which?

The one with only coppers?
Or the other very rich?


After reading this, did you not start thinking on the question asked.... quite an intellectual question!!!

No comments: