Pages

May 12, 2008

Finally back to work!!!!

Its been months tht i hv been eating people's head that i cudnt study nemore and really wanted to hit the working life as soon as possible. But the way things were, I had already given up of getting any genuine sensible job and I had made up my mind to go back to mumbai for good!!

But finally last day of sem, last exam and i get a call from Ontario Ministry of Environment - Mr. Manager Frank Tomassini - "are you still available for work this summer". And I went like - More than available. Tht was the day and today is the day that I finally made it to work after not so good but neither that bad 9 months... It was actually a period worth delivering a baby for sure.

So how was the day - Fantastic, Fantabulous, Perfect.
As usual, like every time I hv to get back to work after school term, on the first day itself i can never wake up on time inspite of all precautions taken. So was today, sitting in my bed half asleep instead to getting ready to go as I was already getting late, I'm replying to emails. But cuz I'm so used to rushing I finally make up everything on time.

After 11 months I actually dressed up all in formals, man i cudnt stop adoring myself in the mirror, an absolute professional look. The last time I was so elegantly formally dressed was 15th july 2007 for my Final and the last Board meeting at Winmark (My workplace in Bbay - though i still miss my desk and all my belongings at office). I am out of the house at 7 am and every one on the station all dressed up formals rushing to work, finally i see a busy life in Toronto and so many people rushing at the same time. It reminded me of my Bbay days at work and this view was way more polished. I was enjoying it all. Finally I reach work on time and got started.

I was a bit skeptical wht kinda work would I be given since it was a lab dept. But like I say god always listen to wht my heart wants and I really got much more thn i was expecting. I am finally placed in the reporting team for the annual lab Audit of the ministry labs. Man the work i love the most - Managing and puttingvthins in place and in order and deal with regulations, laws and compliance. Wow I still dont believe I'm gonna get to do it all. The best work timing i cud ever ask for. The only disappoint I had was that i am really goin to be paid really low compared to others. But today looking at the kind of work I am goin to do for the remaining 4 months and the opportunities I am goin to come across at the ministry just covered up for it. Reviewing protocols and SOP's, Audit papers and annual records, stats data, factual data, the list is never ending. I finally sign a confidentiality contract and took an oath - it was just the perfect icing with a a cherry on the cake. As of this day I couldnt hv asked for more.

I guess most of the things are in place, atleast for some time. And I hv always believed tht a good start is the best thing u can have and prolly - I hv it.
Now what ahead,, just keeping my fingers crossed as a few permanent internal openings are goin to come in 2 months time and if I manage to get that, there wud not be more i cud ask for, for atleast 1 -2 yrs.

Studies and education are in place, work life is in place, my home is kinda settled; need not worry for some time - the only thing left my PERSONAL LIFE - which every1 in the world my friends and family thinks that I need to fix and give all my attention and importance, so working on it as well - hoping this time I give it fair chance, time and attention - Probably i know its goin to be the most difficult thing for me compared to the totally different things tht has got importance and attention from my side - But lets give it a shot - For a change everything is falling in right and perfect place - hope even this gets charmed by the good things and vibes around. Inshallah!!!!

1 comment:

Parag said...

wow!! Congrats Tashi !! :)

New look to ur blog eh?? nice one...

personal life falls into pieces if everything else around u is going smoothly... so dont worry...

*touch wood*