Pages

Aug 20, 2007

In Toronto
I landed here in Toronto on 15th Aug n reached home at 10 after long 32 hrs flight… not an exciting trip coz I had to take a preponed flight from Mumbai to Delhi at 2 instead of a 3.40 am flight which got delayed so tht I cud take the connecting flight to Toronto frm there… so btwn tht hush hush hardly had enuff time to say last min bye bye to my extended family n frnds who all were present my place. I got a call at 9.30 tht I had to take an earlier flight n since reporting time is 3 hrs we just left home the moment we finished the call… it was good in a sense tht since every1 started moving around fast so nobody thought n had time to cry n be sentimental n make me cry while I was leaving.. finally I boarded the flight with flight delay n stuff.. finally I reach Toronto n see tht outta 3 bags one was missing n then I had to wait n claim for my missing baggage n then finally came outta the airport to see wht Toronto looked like in the night.. within 15 mins frm airport I was to a new home… Didn’t feel great at all.

A new morning a new day in a new land.. just relaxed n chilled n stayed at home.. a big house with hardly ne ppl on roads, only things I could see was cars n theno was nothing to wht I hv seen in traffic in mumbai…the next day we went to square one for a visit which is a shopping zone really close to my place…. Just being inside the mall didn’t give me a feeling tht I was in a new land n in a new culture, why because I guess it’s the Mumbai lifestyle tht I hv been in tht didn’t surprise or excite me… even the shopping wasn’t much different in terms of products n style neither the price (don’t covert rupees to dollars then everything in the world wil b really expensive) – the only diff I found was it was much organized as compared to india. Really didn’t matter being among the phirangs cuz I guess I hv been dealing with quite a lot in past few months while I was working so was really comfortable.

Another day passed by just moving around. Today I went to my school n got myself registered. What a huge n lovely campus, such jovial atmoshphere. Here I could see the diff f being in Canada n being in India. The staff was so cooperative n jovial. Always smling n ready to give answers n help while back home the attitude was who cares, students will find their way out… waiting to start my classes soon..

I really hvnt been getting sleep for quite a few days here.. not tht I m not liking it or I m missing home but don’t know why. I guess I felt I m staying at wrong place wid wrong people… with m uncle n aunt giving advice all the time n being too much conservative n protective… I m seriously hv never been used to my parents being so… I was always left on my own n had a right to make my own choice n options n only was given suggestions.. here I guess they r diff, very diff frm my mum n dad. I really don’t like ppl giving me advice all the time n to be told wht needs to be done… damn yaar I m not a small girl neither do I come from some downtrodden village.. I come frm Mumbai living my life on my terms n making all choices according to my flexibility… I think I wud not be able to survive wid them for many days…

So whts next on cards ??? I hv a busy next week with orientations n rakhi coming up… my cuzin flying down from NYC so will hv a good long labour weekend, will visit niagra n other places in Toronto with them… after tht I will start with my school n hunt for accommodation n try to move out as soon as possible b4 actual winter can set in…. I know tht I hv not come to this place to be with my extended family n try to cook for them all the while n do all household work.. if I wanted to do so wud hv got married n settled easily.. I m here to get a good career for myself, some time n space for myself cuz I had to move on frm the past for new beginning n new goals n new people in life. Not tht I don’t want or need the people I hv left behind but its also important that you move on n ahead in life creating memories which when u look back brings a smile on ur face…. Trust me I had oodles of smile when I think bout the times n my darling loving ppl I hv left behind…. Ppl I really miss – mum for not hving her shouting n cribbing all the time, dad for getting icecreams , Arjun, Nikhil n Aayush for those big warm hugs n many many more.. the list is endless… but there are times you always reconnect…
There lots I want to write but don’t wht all n how to write so will end here… next update will soon go the cyberspace…

No comments: